The LIFE FOODPRINT project supports the implementation of the ‘Roadmap to a Resource Efficient Europe’ which calls for ambitious action to tackle food waste. The project will encourage the adoption of sustainable practices in the food and hospitality industries of Cyprus as well as among consumers to have a direct or indirect environmental and economic impact.
- food-waste production from the project target groups by 10%.
- food losses and waste from the project target groups by 15%.
- greenhouse gas emissions by 8%.
- national carbon footprint and municipal solid waste management by 10%.
- waste management costs.
- 5000 businesses and/or professional organizations of the food and hospitality industry of Cyprus
- 500,000 consumers through the implementation of the horizontal media campaign.
- 275 professionals and/or students of the food and hospitality industry on ways to prevent food waste.